When submitting your employee payroll contributions, you have three options for entering that information.
- Manually enter the required data directly into the contribution grid
- Upload a payroll file
- Copy contribution details from the previously completed payroll contribution submission of the same type, e.g., regular or off-cycle.
In this article we will review the Copy Contribution feature.
If your employees deferral rates stay consistent from pay date to pay date, you may find the easiest way to process your contributions is to copy from the previously submitted contributions. Here is recap of the feature:
- Copies from the last processed contribution in the same pay group of the same type
- If you are processing an off-cycle, you will be able to copy from the last processed off-cycle
- If you are processing a scheduled payroll, you will be able to copy from the last processed scheduled payroll
- Contribution details, including pre-tax, Roth, safe-harbor contributions and loan payments, will be copied into the contribution
- Demographic details, including address, date of birth, hire date, etc, will come from the ProgramPay database, ensuring the most up to date information is used.
- This feature is only available if there has been at least on submitted contribution for the pay group and contribution type.
To use this feature, click into the desired contribution from the contribution dashboard.
Click on the "Copy From" button. The most recent applicable completed contribution date will be shown.
Contribution data will dynamically load into the contribution grid.
Review the contribution details to be sure that there haven not been any changes since your last submission. You can make any changes directly into the contribution grid. Then press the Send & Validate button to proceed.
Note: if the Send & Validate button is still grey, then it is inactive. Review the screen for any red fields, indicating an error that needs to be resolved.
From the Review Submission, screen, you have one last chance to review the details. Once you are satisfied that all the details are correct, press the "Complete Submission" button.
You may also choose the following actions:
- "Edit Submission" = Go back and make further edits to the submission
- "Cancel" = Delete the submission and start over
If you do not need to make any edits to the contributions and are ready to submit, select Complete Submission and the following screen will pop up as a confirmation that you have successfully submitted the contributions for further processing.
Click the "Back to Transaction" button and you will be returned to the Contribution Dashboard.
Please contact: email@example.com for further assistance.