When submitting your employee payroll contributions, you have three options for entering that information.
- Manually enter the required data directly into the contribution grid
- Upload a payroll file
- Copy contribution details from the previously completed payroll contribution submission of the same type, e.g., regular or off-cycle.
In this article we will review, manually entering the data directly into the contribution grid.
The contribution grid will be pre-populated with your current active participants, plus any participant who has terminated in the current or previous plan years. Make sure to scroll to the right to see all the pre-populated columns.
Understanding the Grid
- SSN (Social Security Number): Pre-populated and uneditable
- Name: First and Last - Pre-populated and uneditable
- DOB (Date of Birth): Pre-populated and uneditable
- Pre-Tax Contribution: the amount withheld from the participant's paycheck for pre-tax retirement contributions
- After-Tax Contribution: the amount withheld from the participant's paycheck for After-Tax retirement contributions
- Roth $ Amount: the amount withheld from the employee’s paycheck for Roth retirement contributions
- Employer Safe Harbor Contribution: an employer contribution in the form of either a mandatory matching amount, or a mandatory non-elective amount based on a predetermined formula within the plan’s rules
- Employer Discretionary Match: the contribution which an Employer elects to make on behalf a participant
- QNEC: the amount that needs to be contributed as a correction contributions
- Profit Sharing Contribution: used if your company is contributing profit sharing funds to your employees’ retirement accounts
- Loan Number: the pre-populated loan number/identifier from Voya's record-keeping system for up to 5 loans per participant
- Loan Payment: Choose from pre-populated options for the amount an employee is contributing to repay this specific outstanding loan for up to 5 loans per participant
- Loan Total: A sum of the loan payments for the participant (Calculated)
- Date of Hire: Editable
- Date of Termination: include termination date to update the record-keeping system
- Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, Postal Code, Country: Pre-populated and editable
- Marital Status: Pre-populated and editable
- External Payroll ID (optional) - If your payroll provider uses an identifier than a SSN, you may choose to include that identifier
Note: Only the contribution types that are appropriate to your plan will display.
From here, you can add the contribution and loan repayment amounts for plan participants. Please select a box directly in the grid to enter the contribution amount for each employee.
Loan payment options are pre-poplulated as a drop-down, allowing you to choose between 1) $0 payment, 2) the allowable per-pay period loan payment; or 3) the pay-off amount
Note: Catch-Up Contributions aren't segregated into a separate column. Please combine catch-up and regular contribution amounts together.
Once complete, review the contribution totals summarized at the bottom of the screen, then click Send & Validate to move onto the next step.
Note: if the Send & Validate button is still grey, then it is inactive. Review the screen for any red fields, indicating an error that needs to be resolved.
On the contribution grid you can sort any column by clicking on that column header (please see below image). After you enter the contribution values, click on the column header and you will see an arrow up or down. Click again one the same column header to change the direction of the sorting. This feature is applicable to all column headers.
The columns will sort by:
- Greatest value to least value
- Least value to greatest value
ProgramPay evaluates your contribution submission for any unallowable contributions. If unallowable contributions are detected you will be redirected to the Un-allowed Contribution screen for more information. Learn more about unallowable contributions here.
Once you've reviewed and taken note of any Un-allowed Contributions, press Save & Continue to move on to the next step.
On the Review Submission page you will have the opportunity to take several actions:
- "Complete Submission" = Fully submit the contributions for further processing to Voya ABA
- "Edit Submission" = Go back and make further edits to the submission
- "Cancel" = Delete the submission and start over
Note - Just below the "cancel submission" button, there is an "On/Off" toggle that can be used to view Employees with $0 contributions. If the switch is On, the Contribution Details will include employees who have not contributed in the submission. If the switch is Off, you will only see employees who have contributed.
As the "Contribution Details" provides a brief summary of the submission on the Review Submission page, you may use the pagination feature to view the remainder of participants and their contributions (as seen below).
If you do not need to make any edits to the contributions and are ready to submit, select Complete Submission and the following screen will pop up as a confirmation that you have successfully submitted the contributions for further processing.
Click the "Back to Transaction" button and you will be returned to the Contribution Dashboard.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.