Learn more about how to register for ProgramPay
Welcome to Onboarding
The first time that you access ProgramPay, you will be prompted through an onboarding process that will ask for payroll information about your plan.
To begin the onboarding process, please select "Start Onboarding".
The first part of the onboarding process (as shown in the images below) will ask you to select which payroll provider you use (if applicable). You can scroll down the list to see all available options. The onboarding process is interactive - it will provide different action steps depending on your responses.
- Payroll System - Select your payroll system from the list.
- If you do not have a payroll system, select None/Proprietary
- If your payroll system is not in the list, select Other and type in the name of your payroll provider in the text box.
If you select a payroll system that supports integration with ProgramPay, you will be prompted with the link, Check Setup Instructions.
This setup may have multiple steps, so review the instructions carefully and complete all required actions. It's very important that you complete these steps as soon as possible to ensure seamless processing of your contributions. You must take the steps described in the setup instructions to initiate setup of a payroll integration.
Note: Payroll integration setup timelines vary across payroll providers. If your requested payroll integration is not completed before your first payroll, please submit your payroll through ProgramPay using either the upload or manual entry features. If you are not sure of the status of your integration, email us at email@example.com
Pay Schedule & Pay Groups
The following section of the onboarding process will ask you to provide a title or name for the pay group and select the pay schedule according to when employees are paid.
Name: Designate a name for this pay schedule. If you have different groups of employees paid on different schedules, the name you choose for each schedule should help you differentiate between the various schedules. You can use any naming convention that is useful for you.
- Pay schedule -
- Please select from one of the available Pay Date Frequency options to set your ongoing pay scheduled with in ProgramPay. Depending on the Pay Date Frequency option chosen, you may be asked for additional information so that ProgramPay can accurately calculate your ongoing pay schedule.
ProgramPay supports the following pay date frequency types:
- Every Week: (52 pay periods) - You will be asked to select the day of the week for processing your payroll.
- Every 2 Weeks: (26 pay periods) - You will be asked to select the day of the week for processing your payroll. Then you will be asked to select between two dates as your next upcoming pay date.
- Once a Month (Last Day): (12 pay periods) - The pay day is defaulted to the last calendar day of each month.
- Once a Month (Special Date): (12 pay periods) - Select this frequency if you have a monthly pay schedule and you do NOT pay on the last day of the month. You will be asked to enter your next payroll date.
- Twice a Month (15th & Last Day): (24 pay periods) - Only select this frequency if your pay dates are the 15th and last calendar day of the month.
- Twice a Month (Specific Dates): (24 pay periods) - Use this frequency if you have 2 pay dates per month, but on a schedule that is different from the 15th and last calendar day of the month. You will be asked to provide the dates of your next two pay days.
- Once a Quarter: (4 pay periods) - Select this pay frequency if you make payroll contributions quarterly. These will be scheduled on the first day of the quarter.
- No Regular Schedule - If you don't pay your plan participants on any set schedule, select this option. You will be able to run off-cycle contributions whenever needed, but no regular pay schedule will be created.
- ProgramPay will display the first five (5) dates to help you verify that you've selected the correct pay date frequency type. Please note, if any of the displayed pay dates occur on a weekend or holiday, that's ok, ProgramPay will prompt you to process your payroll contributions on the proceeding business day.
Once you have completed the Payroll information, please select the "Save Pay Schedule" in blue at the bottom.
After you have saved your payroll information, it will display the saved information as seen below. On this screen you have several options:
- Finish Onboarding: Select this button if you are ready to save all information and complete onboarding
- Edit: If you need to make any edits to the payroll information you just provided, you may select "Edit" go back to make further changes
- Add Another Pay Schedule: If your company pays different groups of employees on different frequencies or schedules, click the Add Pay Schedule button and complete the pay schedule set up for each additional schedule.
- You may set up as many pay groups as necessary. Each established schedule will then appear on the screen. Please give each pay schedule a name that means something to the person who will be submitting the employees' contributions.
Once you've answered all of these questions, click the "Finish Onboarding" button to activate your plan for ProgramPay.
Once you have successfully completed registering your firm for ProgramPay, you will be redirected to the Contributions Dashboard.
You will also receive an email confirmation with helpful links related to processing contributions via ProgramPay.