If you have to add a new participant, update an existing participant, or notify us of a termination, you can utilize ProgramPay to complete these actions.
Adding New Participants
Participants may enroll online through the Voya Program Participant Website (users can login in by first going to https://abaretirement.com , then click into View Participant Resources and selecting the Program Enroll & Participant Login link).
*Please remember, it is your employees responsibility to notify you of their enrollment and initial deferral rate, which you should update directly in your payroll system or payroll records. Initial Deferral rates will not feed into ProgramPay from ParticipantWeb. (Note: on an ongoing basis, after enrollment, deferral rate changes that are made in ParticipantWeb will feed into ProgramPay. Review this article for more information on Managing Deferral Rate Changes.)
You may also add a new participant through the contribution process when you upload a contribution file into the portal.
When uploading a contribution file, if a participant on that file is unrecognized, you will be prompted to take action to add required information about that participant.
If you have all of the required information to add that participant, select "Add Employee" to proceed with adding their required data. You will only be able to add a new participant if they have a contribution in the file.
You will be presented with a series of pop up screens where you can enter additional information about the participant.
On the first page, you will provide the Participants Name, Marital Status, SSN and Date of Birth. While Marital Status is optional, if you know it, please include it. If your payroll provider has an ID they use in lieu of SSN, you may include it in the OPTIONAL field called External Payroll ID.
Save & Continue button will highlight blue when all required fields are entered. If the button is greyed out, review your screen for missing required fields.
Press Save & Continue to move on to the next page.
From this screen, select the edit button to change any information from the previous page.
Be on the lookout for required fields, which are noted on screen.
At any time during this process, you can choose to cancel the setup of the new employee or "Exclude the Row" related to this new employee from the contribution.
Enter the new participant's address and hire date to complete their setup, then press "Save New Employee".
Once completed, you will see the following screen. Press OK to return to the contribution in progress.
Please note: new participants must have an accompanying contribution to be added to the plan roster.
You must complete all required fields to add the participant. If you don't have the required information on hand, you may choose to exclude this participant from the contribution submission. If you choose to exclude the participant and complete the rest of the contribution, be sure to either refund the money to the employee OR come back later to add the participant and process their contribution, using an Off-cycle Contribution once you have the required information.
While not common, from time to time, you may need to process a contribution for a participant who has already left the company. If this happens, be sure to include the termination date, in addition to the hire date.
Updating an Existing Participant
To update demographic or employment information about an existing client, you can make those updates by doing one of the following:
- Including updated information on the contribution file that you upload;
- For integrated plans, updating information in your Payroll system so that the updated in included from the Payroll Provider on an upcoming contribution submission;
- Updating information directly on the portal in the Contribution Grid during the contribution submission process. You can type over any existing information or enter any blank information.
When updating directly in the grid, tab or click into the field you want to change and start typing to update. Then press Send & Validate.
Here are a few things for you to keep in mind:
- If you have a new participant, ensure they are on the file you upload to ProgramPay on their first pay date, with a contribution.
- If you need to change a participant’s demographic information, ensure the updated information is included when you process your contribution.
- If you need to notify us of a participant's termination, ensure the employee is included in the file with a Date of Termination. After that, you can remove them from your file, but we need to receive the file with a Date of Termination at least once in order to update the account.
- Social Security Numbers and Names cannot be updated through ProgramPay. Work with your record-keeping contact on those updates.