Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation.
This guide will help you set up your integration as well as help you understand your specific responsibilities for the proper administration and submission of payroll files.
- How Does My Integration Work?
- How Do I Initiate My Integration Set Up?
- What Are My Responsibilities?
- What Does The Integration Handle For Me?
- How Do I Add A 401(k) Loan Deduction To An Employee Profile?
- Will My Payroll Provider Charge Me Fees to Set Up and/or Maintain This Payroll Integration?
- Are There Any Reasons Why My Plan Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
How does my integration work?
ProgramPay (powered by Vestwell) has partnered with Pay(k)onnect, a payroll data aggregator, to enable payroll integrations with over 80 different payroll providers.
Bene-Care offers either a 180° or 360° automated payroll integration.
How do I initiate my integration setup?
1 - Complete the linked form:Payroll Integration Request Form so our team can collect the necessary details to set up your payroll integration
2 - Email your Bene-Care sales representative or payroll specialist directly & CC: firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to use the integration with Vestwell. Your Bene-Care representative will work with you to set up your plan in the payroll system. Be sure to specify the expected first integrated pay date.
*Please note, until the integration is activated, contribution uploads into the ProgramPay portal will be required until our team has notified you that the integration can begin.
What are my responsibilities if my plan has an active payroll integration?
Our ability to successfully process your payroll files and administer your plan depends on you! It is your responsibility to:
- Payroll Codes
- Please work with your payroll provider to set up and maintain certain payroll codes within your payroll system
- Set up and maintain retirement loans within your payroll system
- Discretionary and/or Profit-Sharing Contributions
- Set up and maintain annual and/or quarterly non-mandatory company contributions within your payroll system, and upload these contributions through your ProgramPay portal.
- Mandatory Employer Contributions
- Set up and maintain mandatory employer contributions that are on a frequency other than on a per pay period basis, and upload these contributions through your ProgramPay portal.
- Per pay period Safe Harbor employer contribution
- Setup and maintain mandatory employer contributions that are on a pay period basis.
- Pay Groups
- Once your integration is active, you will no longer be able to edit pay groups in the ProgramPay portal as this can disrupt the processing of contributions, learn more here. For further assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- Employee Deferral Updates
- Ongoing deferral changes shared directly with you, not using the Voya Participant portal by eligible employees must be set by you directly in the payroll system. Please note: Deferral changes made by employees directly in Voya Participant web will be updated automatically within 2 business days.
- Employee Status Changes - Payroll System
- Make updates in your payroll system when employees are hired, terminated, or re-hired, etc.
- Employee Personal Information
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system - including date of birth, social security number, and email address.
- Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- Report any pay frequency or pay schedule changes.
- Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your employees regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or from your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided to us will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
What does ProgramPay handle for me if my plan has an active payroll integration?
- Employee Deferral Updates made through ParticipantWeb
- Deferral rate changes made by employees directly in Voya ParticipantWeb will be updated automatically within 2 business days.
- NOTE: Ongoing deferral changes shared directly with you from eligible participants, not using the Voya Participant portal, must be set by you directly in the payroll system.
- Remember, initial deferral rates must be setup by you directly in the payroll system, including the for employees who are auto-enrolled (if applicable to your plan)
- Processing Contributions & Loan Payments
- Process supported employee/employer contributions and applicable loan payments into your retirement plan based on what was processed in the payroll system. Even if you process your payroll early, ProgramPay will never process the contributions file before the actual pay date.
- Employee Status Changes - ProgramPay Portal
- When you add, rehire, or terminate employees in your payroll system, the changes will be reflected in the ProgramPay portal one business day after the next pay date.
How do I Add A 401(k) loan deduction to an employee profile?
If an employee is eligible for a 401(k) loan you would need to activate the payroll deduction for the 401(k) loan, you can do so by following these instructions.
Note: If you do not see the 401(k) loan deduction or have any questions regarding this process, please reach out to your payroll specialist to add it.
Will Bene-Care charge me any fees to set up and/or maintain my payroll integration?
Bene-Care may charge fees in conjunction with the integration. Please check with your Bene-Care representative for more specific details.
ProgramPay will not charge you to facilitate this integration.
Are there any reasons why my plan might not be eligible for an integration?
There are some plan design features that currently prohibit the use of payroll integration, including:
- Plans with per pay period non-mandatory employer contributions
- Plans that allow after-tax contributions.
- Note: After-Tax and Roth contributions are not the same
- If your plan has been amended or if you are considering an amendment to your original plan documents, please inform your ABA Retirement Representative to understand what actions on your part will be required to submit and process your payroll files correctly.