To begin submitting a contribution for a regular payroll cycle, visit the Contributions section of the ProgramPay Dashboard and select "Start Contribution" under the Next Pay Date. By selecting this button, you will begin the contributions process for the date that is listed as the next pay date.
If you'e already started that contribution, and are going back to it, look for your desired date in the History section of the dashboard. Each time you start a contribution, the Next Pay Date progresses to the next scheduled pay date for your company.
If you've started a contribution within the last 35 days, which you didn't complete, and then you go to start a future dated contribution, you may see this reminder to remind you complete the one you've already started and confirm if you really want to begin the next contributions.
How do Contributions get processed?
ProgramPay offers plan sponsors flexibility. Depending on your preferences and your firm’s Payroll System, your Contributions will be processed via ProgramPay in one of the following two ways:
- Contribution submissions directly in the ProgramPay portal using one of three methods (Upload File, Copy from [Previous Date], or Enter Data Manually.)
- Integration with your Payroll Provider (Payroll Integration)
Processing contribution submissions directly in the ProgramPay Portal
You have three options to begin submitting your contributions directly in the portal: Upload File, Copy from [Previous Date], or Enter Data Manually.
Upload File Method
You may upload an excel or CSV file from your computer or downloaded directly from your payroll provider's platform, as long as the required fields are available. Required fields can be found here.
- You may also Download a template from ProgramPay with participant information pre-populated information.
To download the template, select "Start Submission" and the Download button will be available in the upper right corner of the contribution grid. Complete the template and upload it.
- Consult this article for more details about uploading a contribution file.
Copy from [Previous Date] Method:
If you would like to keep the same information from your previous submission, you may select the "Copy from [Date]" button. ProgramPay will allow you to copy from the last processed pay date from the same pay group. From there, the contribution grid will be pre-populated with all of the data from your previous submission of the same pay group and type.
Manual Entry Method
On the contributions grid, you may manually type in the amounts under the columns listed as "Pre-Tax Contribution", "After Tax Contribution", "Roth", "Employer Match", etc.
- Click directly into one of the boxes to enter the amount and hit enter after each employee. To view additional columns, please scroll to the right on the contribution grid.
- Consult this article for full details about processing contributions directly in the contribution grid.
ProgramPay offering direct integration with select payroll providers. There are two (2) types of integration.
- 180 Degree Payroll Integration - After authorizing your integration-enabled payroll provider to share information with Vestwell, the payroll company will send Vestwell & the ProgramPay team contributions, loan payments, new participant enrollments and participant data updates whenever you run payroll. You’ll be notified via the ProgramPay portal and email if any employees make deferral amount changes through ParticipantWeb so that you can change it in your payroll system. (setup required)
- 360 Degree Payroll Integration – Similar to 180 Integration, after authorizing your integration-enabled payroll provider to share information with Vestwell, tthe payroll company will send Vestwell & the ProgramPay team contributions, loan payments, new participant enrollments and participant data updates whenever you run payroll.. Additionally for 360 integration, deferral rate changes submitted through ParticipantWeb will be updated automatically in your payroll system. (setup required)
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.