The ABA Retirement Funds Program (“ABA RF”) contributions upload template is a spreadsheet-template that allows you to upload your contribution information into ProgramPay for processing.
To download the contributions template please see this article.
You can also create your own file to upload or use a file that you've downloaded from your payroll system. Follow the instructions below to learn more about requirements for formatting a contribution file and what information needs to be included in your file.
What column headings to include on your Contributions submission.
When creating your upload file, if you use the following ProgramPay default column headers, which are available in the downloaded template, you will have the easiest time uploading your file and processing contributions:
- First Name * - first name of the employee.
- MI - middle name or initial of the employee.
- Last Name * - last name of the employee.
- SSN * - the Social Security Number of each employee.
- Period Gross Pay - NOT REQUIRED - the gross amount of pay earned by the employee in this pay cycle. (For off-cycle payments, please include only the supplemental payment amount)
- A/B - Salary Deferral - the amount withheld from the employee’s paycheck for pre-tax retirement contributions.
- N - Roth - the amount withheld from the employee’s paycheck for Roth retirement contributions.
- D - Employer Matching - the discretionary/optional matching amount that an employer may add to an employee’s retirement balance based on a matching formula.
- P/T - Safe Harbor (Match or Non-Elec) - an employer contribution in the form of either a mandatory matching amount, or a mandatory non-elective amount based on a predetermined formula within the plan’s rules.
- F - Profit Sharing - used if your company is contributing profit sharing funds to your employees’ retirement accounts. Also use this column for Pension Contributions in a Pension Plan.
- G - Post Tax (Non Roth) - the amount withheld from the employee’s paycheck for after-tax retirement contributions.
- C - QNEC/QMAC - that amount that needs to be contributed as a correction contributions
- Loan A ID - the loan number/identifier from Voya's record-keeping system for up to 5 loans per participant (Column repeats for each Loan ID, lettered A - E)
- Loan A Payment - the amount an employee is contributing to repay this specific outstanding loan for up to 5 loans per participant (Column repeats for each loan payment, lettered A-E)
- Loan Total - the aggregate amount of all loan repayments
- Date of Birth - birth date of the employee.
- Date of Hire - date the employee was originally hired.
- Date of Termination - date that employee was terminated. (If an employee has been rehired and subsequently terminated again, provide the most recent Date of Termination)
- Address Line 1 - street address of the employee.
- Address Line 2 - additional street address data for the employee.
- City - city of the employee’s home address.
- State - state of the employee’s home address.
- Postal Code - postal code for the employee’s home address.
- Gender - the gender of the employee (acceptable values are: Male or Female)
- Marital Status - the marital status of the employee (acceptable values are: Single or Married)
*Indicates required field
- First, Middle & Last name must be in separate columns
- Social Security Numbers - the interface will accept the number with or without dashes
- While not all data fields are required to process a basic contribution, some optional fields may be necessary to support a specific scenario or desired end result. For example:
- if you want to notify the program about a participant's termination, you must include the Date of Termination in at least one file.
- When adding a new participant, you want to include demographic information like date of birth, address, marital status, date of hire to facilitate the employees enrollment.
- Numbers - the tool will accept commas and $ - there's no need to remove them
- Dates - are accepted in most formats such as mm/dd/yyyy, m/d/yyyy, m/d/yy, etc
- Catch up contributions should be combined with regular contributions into the appropriate column (pre-tax, Roth, etc).
- The set of standard column headings will automatically be recognized by ProgramPay when you upload your file.
- If your file has column headers that are not recognized by ProgramPay, you will be presented with a user-friendly tool that allows you to map your file's column headers in realtime as you are uploading the file.
- While the order in which the columns appear in the file is not important, it is essential that you include, at least, the required column headings.
When you download the template from the Contributions page, it will be pre-populated with your current employee roster, including all active employees plus anyone terminated this year and last. The download includes First Name, Last Name, SSN and any Loan Amounts only.
Please contact: email@example.com for further assistance.